I hear birds trilling sweet nothings to one another to the background accompaniment of freeway traffic and freight trains...at 11:41 p.m. It is springtime, after all, and spring break at that. I guess we have some crazy spring breakers who have taken up residence in our backyard ficus. And here I am, taking a minute to stop my frenetic vacation packing to hear their song...at 11:50 p.m. What kind of crazy bird sings at midnight, when the rest of the sane world (in our time zone, anyhow) is ASLEEP!? It's where I should be, of course (asleep, that is--not singing in the ficus), but packing for a cross-state drive just doesn't happen during the sane hours, because there are no such thing as sane hours with four little boys underfoot. We ended up painting, visiting the doctor's office for immunizations, and eating three square meals. The in-between minutes were spent mediating sibling squabbles. And with that, I'd best head back to my packing domain. If Matt cannot find me in the morning, you'd best have him check the ficus tree. Those birds know how to have a good time.
 |
| Creative Shaping with Floam |
 |
| Samuel's Easter Carrot |
 |
| Bunny Ears |
 |
| Floam Bridge |
 |
| Penguin! |
 |
| Prehistoric Shark Jaw |
 |
| The toothpicks got a little out of hand while I was in the kitchen... |
 |
| James Makes a Cross...I love this |
 |
| The boys hauled me out to take a gander at the awesome spider's web. |
 |
| Morning Paints |
 |
| He's Got His Own Style |
 |
| Cleaning up art projects makes me feel the same way... |
 |
| Post-Lunch Readers |
 |
| My Brown-Eyed Boy |
 |
| 6 Month Doctor Visit |
No comments:
Post a Comment