The Tooth Fairy TOTALLY flaked. I knew she would. I was riding on the stationary bike this morning when Joshua came into the room with his bagged tooth in hand, looking so crestfallen my heart nearly split on the spot. Trying to stay cool, I told him to go show Papa the tooth, before frantically grabbing a dollar bill (we have to pay interest for late payment, you see) and shoving it under the covers at the foot of the bed (We couldn't make it so obvious as to put it under the already-empty pillow. He may be five, but he wasn't born yesterday.). So, I asked him to do a double search of the bed, just to make sure... Thank heavens he is still sweet enough to believe that a confused Tooth Fairy muddled up the foot with the head of the bed. Whew! Crisis averted. Of all the teeth lost thus far, I honestly think that we have remembered only two of them. Pathetic. Oh, and I overheard Joshua telling his brothers about a sparkly green light he saw in the night... Priceless.
![]() |
| Sweet, Forgiving Boy |

No comments:
Post a Comment