Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day...Love Is In The Air

Here is a little Valentine's Day montage.  It was a monumental Valentine's Day in the lives of the boys because they were able to eat their first box of generic off-the-shelf chocolates.  As the boys continue to ditch their food allergies left and right, our culinary existence has become a DREAM.  Thank you, God!  But, I digress.  Valentine's Day...we had the cards and chocolates waiting on their beds in the morning.  Matt was the creative genius behind the poems.  I all but shook him awake from a sleepy stupor at eleven o'clock the night before to write them.  When it comes to poetry... I stink.  I can only take credit for the glitter.   

1st John 4:19 says "We love because he first loved us."  We prayed our thanks over breakfast for chocolatey-full tummies and God's unconditional love.  And I thank you, Mom and Dad, for the special Valentines memories from our childhood--special surprises on pillows and wrinkly sweet carnations.  The traditions we start with our children are but a recycling of the ones you so lovingly made a part of our growing years.  A special thank you to Martha for giving Matt and me a very special pre-Valentine's dinner out.  I am still reveling in the gift of those precious minutes!  

Joshua's Special Note
"Whirlpools are fierce...Tidal waves ROAR...Volcanoes explode...We love you times FOUR!
Cars are fast...Rockets are too...Skunks are stinky...And we love YOU!
"All things in moderation...including moderation."
 They were allowed to devour the chocolate trio in one sitting.
1 Minute, Flat
Sammies are silly...Sammies are sweet...I love their tummies to EAT, EAT, EAT!
Wearing the Evidence
Thank you, Gramma, Grampa, and Uncle Chris!
A Singing Card from the Whipples!
Still Wearing the Evidence (it won't get erased until nap a few hours later, if my memory serves me right)

No comments:

Post a Comment