Disclaimer: I do realize that I have had an abundance of extracurricular posts as of late. You probably think we're sitting on our laurels around here! We are not. In fact--I know a Laurel and I would never think of sitting on her. It's late (all of 8:40 p.m.), so forgive the ridiculous humor. But, I did think you might enjoy these few pictures of James on his Clippers basketball team. It is a six/seven year-old league, and he has improved leaps and bounds over his foray into the basketball scene as a five year-old. If I remember correctly, he was usually on the wrong end of the court at that age, and his only contact with the ball was an occasional rebound to the nose. Now, don't get excited. He may be on the right side of the court at this point, but the girls on our team are running CIRCLES around him, and he tends to swat away oncoming passes like hot potatoes. But, we are making progress, and he feels like a million bucks after every game. He always seems to know which team won, even though a running score is never kept (they all do--you can't kid a kid), and a highlight of game day is always the post-game snack. He's a chip off his mother's block. Although, when I was a kid, I sincerely remember eating orange slices or Dad's grape juice tea concoction (what was the name of that, Dad?)--nothing like the smorgasbord of edibles they get today. The moms who are really on top of it even get little party bags to neatly tuck all the yummies into. And, no--I'm not one of them. But, I shall strive to not embarrass him when our number is up. V-8, anyone?
 |
| He does get the idea of defense! But, to be polite, he tends to give them a five foot berth--especially when they're ready to take a shot. |
 |
| Uh-oh...Looks like an over-the-head lob is coming... |
 |
| James and a Best Bud |
 |
| So Little Still...Sweet Boy |
 |
| Tongue in Cheek Focus |
 |
| "6" Upside-Down |
 |
| Mama's Refreshment of Choice |
 |
| Worked up a Sweat! |
No comments:
Post a Comment