Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Seasoning Tip

I learned from Bobby Flay on the Cooking network that one should season food from up high in order to achieve an even distribution.  The same is probably true of sprinkling petunias with a watering can.  On Tuesday night James proved that  throwing up from the top bunk achieves the same effect, and the unfortunate canvas was not food or petunias--it was the carpet, the beds, the toys, and the books.  Yes, I'd say that he nailed most every corner of his room.  To his credit, he claims that he was trying to contain it in one space.  He rather panicked, sweet boy.  But, oy vey! It was a scene for which the expression OMG was coined.  And, don't get me wrong--I would not use God's name in vain.  I was crying out for honest-to-goodness mercy.  


And after...  It would be wrong to leave you with the former image.  This is a tale with a happy ending.  Well--a happy ending for the carpet anyway.  Poor James was up all night and morning emptying the rest of his tank.  Miserable business, the stomach flu, but a rite of childhood indeed.  We did actually get a few things accomplished this week, but I don't have the stomach to write about them tonight.  In fact, I am quelling cramps of my own, and staring at this picture isn't helping me one bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment